Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Business Leadership Series

Here at INTI we are working hard to make education better and more meaningful.  Since I work for the Senior Vice President of Employer Relations, I am involved in a lot of really interesting projects.  One of these is called the Business Leadership Series.  This is a rather large event that we put on once a month to bring "employers and industry into the classroom" to talk to students about things they are looking for, things they wish they knew when they were in college, and all that jazz.

Today was our 3rd event and I must say that it was pretty successful.  Sure there were some glitches, and there is certainly more that can be done to improve, but overall it was a success.


I am pretty proud about this because it is a project that I manage and maintain.  It isn't easy, it is often frustrating, and at the end of the event I am so wiped out that I would come into work late the next day (if I could manage my transportation).  This event was especially stressful since the speaker was the CEO of Laureate...the big boss for all of us.  He was only able to come today, and the majority of the students are on semester break.  The academics told us we would be lucky to get 200 students to come, and we needed at least that to fill the hall.


Needless to say, it has taken a lot of effort to get everyone on board and to pull this off.  In the end, we had 648 students who attended; enough to overflow our overflow room!!  Makes me want to say 'I told you so' to all those non-believers and pessimists...hahaha. 


I love it when a plan comes together  :)

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! How satisfying to see your hard work pay off! I love the end of a good event, when I can stop stressing and enjoy the success of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, that is wonderful. Good job well done.

    Tobi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kim, that is so great. It is a real accomplishment to have gotten that many people there during spring break. You obviously worked hard and put in a lot of time and effort to get those kinds of Results. I am sure that management and the speaker really appreciated your work and the turnout! You are a great event planner and are so organized. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete