Monday, March 19, 2012

What do you do when you are home all day?



It's always funny to me when my friends who don't have children (and obviously haven't babysat in awhile) ask me what I do with all my time since I'm not working anymore...


Seriously?!  What time?  It's not like I am sitting around looking for something to do.  But I never know how to answer that question because when I say "I spend all day playing with and caring for my baby" get I an odd reaction out of these friends.  Almost like they think I am leaving something out or holding back on them.  Sure, there's more to it than simply playing with Kaila.  I do cook, clean, and even squeeze in some "me" time here and there, but they never seem impressed if I elaborate.


It's amazing how busy you get when you are at home with a baby.  I get up with Makaila between 7 and 8am and we are busy, busy, busy all day!  Sure, she naps, but that is my chance to do things that are more difficult when she is awake (like showering!).  We are on a pretty nice schedule, so I get to spend some quality time with Trip after Makaila goes to bed; that is my chance to unwind.  Then it's off to bed for me and we start over the next day.  I love our little life and our new routine, I honestly wouldn't change a thing.  Makaila and I have a lot of fun together and I can't imagine doing anything else but spend time with her right now!  All my personal goals and wants are put on hold for now, and that's okay.  It's a hard feeling to describe but that's how it is for me at least.  Maybe that makes me sound lame or boring, but I don't care.  I think most mom's feel this way to some extent.  So I am going to enjoy being a stay at home mom as long as it lasts :)


Here's to all those mom's who have little bundles of energy that steal time and hearts.  I wouldn't have it any other way.



2 comments:

  1. Enjoy every minute! Mommy moments are non-renewable resources and come in a hearty mix of frustrating ones with some of the greatest moments you may ever know :)

    You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to what you are saying, ALL the things you are saying. Women (and men, for that matter) can't seem to grasp the concept or even understand what it is like being the care giver all day every day, as well as all night, too. Even husbands don't really get it, unless they've spent several days, or weeks in a row solely caring for infants, along with toddlers, etc. It is lonely at times, but there is nothing better! It is more challenging than any job, and more rewarding (although the world doesn't see it that way). You've got it right, to truly do the best job and be the most content, you need to consign yourself to putting your own wants on hold. Not an easy thing to do, but in the end, you will be greatly rewarded! Your relationship with your children will be amazing and so fun and rewarding! I just love the pictures! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete