Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Well hello there lil' blog post...

... it has been way too long since we spent some time together. Here is a quick update on me since the Holidays. 

Christmas was pretty cool. I missed being home with family, but Kim and I had a great time together and spent time with our KL "family", which is always nice.


Jack and Tigger are out here with us! Having them in our home is awesome. My dad was right that they are a major source of stress relief for me, especially after coming home from a day of class followed by teaching my own students for an hour or two.  Jack seems to be adjusting quite well to the heat. Tigger is having a bit harder time, as she is not allowed to go outside here, since the local cats are straight-up grizzled brawlers and there is no way that Tigger could defend herself. 

My masters classes started the week after New Years and we have been moving along at a pretty good clip.  I am really enjoying the courses this time around.  Two out of the three classes are basically review of courses that I took at Neumont University, the difference is that I am actually doing the readings, studying hard, and paying attention in class.  The result is that I am really getting this stuff.  

I am beginning to seriously consider pursuing a career in information modeling after graduation, which was definitely not something I would have thought possible based on my affinity for the discipline while I was in undergrad. The original plan was to go into business analysis, which would be fun, but isn't nearly as challenging.  Time will tell...

The other class that I am teaching is a tutorial or lab for a degree level project management class. Degree level is basically the same thing as a four year college degree in the States. That class is a lot less interesting. At one point in my life, project management was interesting and exciting, but I think I have out grown it. I just don't get excited by creating Gantt charts or assigning tasks to resources, etc. Oh well... it isn't hard and the students are still really good. 

Hopefully it won't be so long before I post again.
    Cheers!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment