Monday, February 1, 2010

The Art of War

"They're back."

"What?!  Where?"

"There's one over by the eggs and a couple on the counter."

"You've got to be kidding me...there's nothing for them to get into...I don't understand..."

This is a fairly typical conversation between Trip and I on any given day.  You see, I am waging a silent war with ants.  Yes, that's right...ants.  They appeared a few weeks after we moved in.  No matter how clean the kitchen is or how well sealed our food is, ants can almost always be found roaming our kitchen or some other part of the house.  I have bleached the counters, put everything in air tight containers, but to no avail.  Even the ant poison that worked so well in Salt Lake was neatly side stepped by these little Malaysian warriors.  These ants are fighters.  Much to my dismay, they will not accept defeat.  I have been told that ants are just a part of life in Malaysia, and we have noticed that they can be found just about everywhere.  Everyone deals with them differently (some people just stop noticing them), but I am tired of 'dealing' with them.  Even Trip, who was adamant about their defeat at the beginning has started ignoring them.  Not me, though.  I want them gone; I am out for ant carnage.  I am changing tactics and will give updates on the progression of this war.

No comments:

Post a Comment