Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving in Malaysia

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving on Sunday.  Since Malaysians don't celebrate Thanksgiving, we didn't get a nice long weekend like everyone back home.  But we made the most of our weekend and had a great time with a bunch of our friends.  The McKinley's were kind enough to host the celebration just like last year.  Trip and I volunteered to make the stuffing this time and it was awesome.  We made so much...we are still eating stuffing!

We also made some cookies.  Scott McKinley had been telling us about these cookies he had grown up with in Pennsylvania called "Gobs".  As it turns out, he was talking about my homemade oreo cookies that I had made for dinner!  I am going to call them Gobs from now on...it sounds much more interesting.

I made more of an effort to take pictures this year.  Unfortunately, I can't upload them right now, so I will have to do that later.

The food was delicious and the company was great!  Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment