Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Walking for Candy

As a bunch of you may know already, the Sanders have become extended family to Kim and I while we've been out here in Kuala Lumpur. Kim and I often will spend every night of the weekend (sometime starting on Thursday) with the Sanders. We play a game of dominoes called Mexican Train and eat some wonderful food. This Sunday, Tobi even made me her special, fabulous, awesome carrot cake in honor of my 30th birthday (we were in the States at the time of my actual birthday). 

So yeah, we are pretty close. 

Tobi, Scott's wife (if your "new" ;), is a really sweet woman and Kim and I love her like a mom and a sister and we've both been sick over the struggle that she is going through being so far away from her own flesh-and-blood sister, Candy. So this past Friday night, when Scott said that he was getting up early on Saturday to complete a 5K walk/ jog in honor of Candy and her fight against cancer... well there just wasn't any other place I'd have rather been. 

My buddy Scott getting ready to do 5K against cancer
Go Eagles. Go Candy!

Candy, I don't know you, but Scott and Tobi tell us wonderful stories of you. Kim and I are coming back to Utah at the end of the year and would love to share some of our stories with you... when you're in the neighborhood. Keep fighting and know that there are people half way around the world who are thinking, praying, and even walking for you :) 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Trip! Thanks for the post and for joining my pops in that 5k. I was so glad to come to Malaysia and meet all my parents wonderful friends that make it home for them there. You and Kim are so important to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I love you both. It is nice to have such wonderful friends here that care about me so much.

    Love Tobi

    ReplyDelete