Thursday, June 16, 2011

28 weeks

28 weeks and looking big :)


We had our monthly doctor's appointment yesterday, and it was pretty good.  I am now at 28 weeks, which marks the beginning of the third trimester.  Everything is looking good and both the baby and I are doing fine.  In Malaysia, it is standard to do an ultrasound with every appointment so that the doctor can see that the baby is growing well.  I really like this practice and am going to miss it when we are no longer here!  It is so fun to hear her little heart beat every month and to see how big she is.  Baby Bean apparently likes to be in a good "ready" position for birth because at the last 2 ultrasounds she has been positioned with her head down.


We really like Dr. Paul as well.  He is laid back and not a worrier, which fits both Trip and I very well.  I haven't had to do the glucose test yet because he only does it if you have sugar in your urine at least twice.  So far I haven't had any until this last visit, so he'll wait and see what the results are at my next visit and go from there.  I appreciate not doing tests that are really not necessary  :)  


Because I am Rh negative (O- blood type) and Trip is Rh positive (O+ blood type) I will have to get a shot at my next appointment.  This isn't a big deal and is standard procedure for all of us negative blood type moms.  My sister, Angie is in the same boat as me and has already had hers.  I guess if the baby has positive blood, then my blood might attack hers if it gets into my blood stream.  This would only be an issue during birth though, so no need to worry! The shots clean up my blood and prevent this from happening.  Dr. Paul is on top of it and has explained this in great detail to Trip and I, and we are not concerned.


The highlight of this visit was during the ultrasound.  While Dr. Paul was looking at her head, Baby Bean was positioned so that we could actually see her face pretty clearly!  She looks like she will be a beautiful little girl (I'm not biased at all).  She has nice full lips, like Trip, and Dr. Paul said her mouth looks like Angelina Jolie...not my favorite comparison, but oh well.  While we were looking at this she actually opened and closed her mouth...so cool to see!  She was sleeping through all of this so there wasn't much movement on her part except for that.  Baby Bean also weighs about 1.6 kg which is about 3.5 pounds.  Dr. Paul said that is a good weight, not small and not big.  Things are going well and we are getting more and more excited to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment