Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Dirty Dash

At the end of September this year, I ran a 10k called The Dirty Dash.  This is the first race I have ever run, so it was a big deal for me.  Trip was going to run with me, but got hurt his hamstring while training for the Philadelphia marathon, so he had to back out.  Luckily for me, Dan, Alyssa and a bunch of Alyssa's family had signed up to run it with us, so I didn't have to do it alone.  Trip was also able to watch Bean and take some pictures of me.  Unfortunately, he wasn't able to see most of the big obstacles, and I haven't gotten any of the pictures that Mumsie took yet, so you won't really get a lot of the obstacles here.  There were several wall that we scaled, a huge slip and slide, LOTS of mud puddles, and tunnels to crawl through, and plenty of hills to run up and down.  Here are the pictures :)

Me, Alyssa, and Dan just before the race starts

Our group was dressed as "Where's Waldo"



My hands are numb because it was pretty chilly, especially after getting wet


I don't know what I am doing with my arms here...kinda look like a zombie :)



The final mud pit




No comments:

Post a Comment