Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Can You Tell I'm Hungry?

Can I just say that I LOVE food?!  I get really excited at the thought of making something yummy and I am always thinking of ways to use whatever is in the fridge.  My only problem is that my excitement is often out weighed by my laziness, so I don't actually cook everyday and I don't go all out for every meal.  But every now and then my enthusiasm for finding new recipes bubbles over and the hunt begins.  During these searches for some mouthwatering dishes I have discovered a couple of websites that have yet to fail me.  I have posted the links under Recipes and Food because they are too good not to share.  Simply Recipes has more recipes than I could possibly use, but they are all good ones.  Some of my faves are the carrot cake, the sausage and spinach stuffed shells, and the ham, potato and leek soup.  Mmmm.  Vanilla Garlic is mostly desserts but he always has some snarky remark and his posts are hilarious.  I read it even if I'm not looking for recipes.



Anyway, time to move on before I make myself hungry.  Trip already posted something today but I have two interesting facts I just can't resist sharing.  


Interesting fact #1:  In America we are always looking for ways to get tan.  We have sunless tanning lotion, tanning salons and all that jazz.  Well, here where people actually have some natural color instead of being pasty white (like me) they advertise skin whitening lotions.  Even whitening body wash.  Interesting how we all want what we don't have. 


Interesting fact #2:  I just had to teach my sweet husband how to change the font on the blog.  Apparently Computer Science degrees don't guarantee that you will remember to highlight the text before trying to change the font.  That makes me feel smart and it makes me smile.  Silly boys.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting fact #1 blows me away. How ironic can you get? love u lots and miss u more

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear from you Kim! That's cool that you're in Malaysia, who would have guessed? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited you guys have a blog!! You have to put up pictures of Malaysia! Hope you guys are doing well, and adjusting!! :)

    ReplyDelete