Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Oh The Freshness

First I want to thank Kim for getting this set-up. As she said this is something that has been on our minds for a while and she got it done without her geek husband. So much for my expensive Computer Science degree, right?

Today is my second day actually working (HR stuff was basically the entire last week) and I have been slowly grabbing hold of more and more responsibility. It is quite a difference from my past US based jobs, which seem to enjoy attempting to drown me in stuff to do before the ink on the HR paperwork has even dried. Thankfully, I have prior entrepreneurial experience and they started a new class on IT Entrepreneurship, the instructor for which is in uncharted waters. So, I get to help chart the waters. I actually just finished up crafting the term long group project. Exciting!

My coworkers have been really nice and I seem to go out to lunch with a new group everyday. I was talking about my academic experience today to a group of instructors and they about feinted when I told them how many hours a week I was in class at Neumont. From what the other instructors were telling me, the students here whine a lot if you give them too much homework, or if they feel it is too hard. I told them that if I get to be a full blown lecturer (not just an assistant) that my students are probably going to hate me, because I won't be as sympathetic. Thankfully for the Inti students, I am not sure that being a full fledged lecturer is in the cards for me any time soon. Oh well...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bakers. Sounds like a very exciting chapter in your lives. TAKE PICTURES!! I want to see some stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds so interesting. Keep the info coming. Don't forget the photos.

    ReplyDelete