Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Double Jointed Acrobatic Ninja Kind of Day

So today was a pretty busy and fulfilling day. I briefed the Inti marketing staff about the new MBT program and why it is going to be awesome. We ran through a bunch of information regarding how the program is different from MIS or MBIT programs. We talked about the power of modeling and why non-techies love it. And, I got to quote G.I. Joe and reference ninjas and monkeys, all while wearing a tie. All in all, it was amazing.

What was even cooler was having Kim in the audience. So, for those who are new to the show, Kim is Oma's assistant. Oma is the VP who is sponsoring the MBT program's creation. That makes Kim kinda like the Pepper Potts of Inti, at least I think so. Anyways, Kim was there to take minutes and report back any discussion or questions which Oma would need to be aware of.

This wasn't the first time that Kim has gotten to see me in action. I have taught a bunch of Sunday school classes and have spoken in Church on multiple occasions with her. However, I have to admit, having Kim in the room while I was tearing through a bunch of Power Point slides talking about Business Modeling was pretty freakin' sweet. Don't ask me why, but it was.

I have heard of people working with their spouses and having horror stories to tell, but I don't see that in the cards with Kim and me. She is doing a great job and I am loving having her around. What's more is that is that I am really enjoying this possibly once in a lifetime chance to share some of my working life with her. Time-wise, work is such a big part of my life, and in most cases she normally gets a glimpse of it through my boring, contextually lacking stories of co-workers and the day's events.

What's even more awesome is that we are making a great team, which is not surprising, to me at least. Kim and I don't have a perfect marriage, but it's pretty darn close. Two things that we are really good at is communicating and watching out for each other; or as I like to call it, "covering each others six." In business, just as in marriage, the ability to communicate effectively and cover each others blind spots is so critical. I think that is why we have been so effective these past few weeks.

Either way, this is an experience that may, unfortunately, be a one time thing. And, I plan on enjoying every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment