Monday, November 16, 2009

Raindrops Are Fallin' on My Head...

Today is a momentous occasion...for the first time since rainy season 'officially' started it has rained non-stop, all day.  Up until today it has rained everyday but usually just for a few hours and then it dries up nice and fast, since we are still experiencing 80 degree weather.  But not today.  Today, it was raining when we were driving to work, it was raining when we were going to lunch, and it is still raining as I write this at the end of the work day.  I don't really mind the rain because it cools down the air so that it is like a nice spring day instead of a hot, muggy summer day.  Rain also means some horrible traffic (because everyone feels the need to drive like a moron when it rains) and some sweet flashbacks to being a missionary and riding a bicycle during rainy season in Japan.  Good times!

1 comment:

  1. Marcos and I are still cracking up! Thank you SO MUCH for being my Malaysian reader! It was honestly such a relief to read that it has been you. I have been a little bothered lately by how many people are going private, and I was hoping not to have to do the same. One friend said that international people were reading her blog and then making comments about her writing style, life, etc. which made her uncomfortable, so when I saw Malaysia I was like, "AH!". Ahhh, I can sleep easy now :-)

    Thanks for the link to your blog, by the way. I'll add it to our reader so that we can be updated on your life. So fun. I want to ask so many questions, but I suppose I should read some of your entries first, because I think my questions will be answered therein.

    I love you so much. I've been really grateful for my mission experiences lately. I feel like my Japanese sucks big time, but that I've done a decent job keeping up with my companions, which makes me happy. I need to work more on keeping contact with families in Japan, so hopefully Christmas will give me that opportunity.

    Speaking of, Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays! I'm so happy for you going abroad and having that experience as a family away from your roots. Coming to NC has been such a blessing for Marcos and I. We've had to figure a lot out for ourselves, and I feel like our relationship has benefited from the space. Great luck with everything.

    LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete