Friday, January 29, 2010

The Routine of Life

Not much has happened in our lives lately.  You would think that living in Malaysia, we would constantly be having jungle adventures and new experiences.  This is not the case.  We have fallen into a routine and the new and exciting is requiring more effort on our part.  It is easy to become complacent when you work/ go to school most of the day.  Both Trip and I leave the house about 8:15 every morning and we get home between 6 - 6:30 every night.  The days are long and the evenings are over all too soon thanks to homework and housework.  

Even though our lives sound pretty boring right now, we both enjoy the fact that we work together.  We also have been loving the presence of Jack and Tigger.  Mr. B hit the nail on the head when he said the pets would force Trip to relax.  Jack and Trip have a little walking routine now and Tigger just loves sitting out on the balcony and watching the birds.  We were a little worried that she might try something stupid like walking on the ledge (we live on the 9th floor) but she has been really good.  Despite the long hours of studying he is putting in, Trip is loving school.  He gets all excited about what he is working on and loves talking to me about it, even though I get lost pretty quick.  It is nice to see him doing something he is so passionate about.  

I am being kept on my toes between my church responsibilities, work, and keeping our apartment clean and everyone fed.  By the time 10:30pm rolls around, I can usually be found passed out in our bedroom.  While it is good that I have so much to keep me busy, I am looking forward with anticipation to the Chinese New Year holiday.  Hopefully, we will have pictures and more ethnic stories after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment