Thursday, October 18, 2012

1 Year Old!


Technically 13 months now, I am a little behind.  It is still so amazing to me that my little baby is a one year old now!  She has grown up so much, and I just love her to pieces.  As a one year old Makaila...

  • Walks like a pro
  • Signs "eat", "sleep", "milk", "book", "diaper", "all done/ finished", and "more"
  • Says "Ma Ma", "Dad", "Ja" for Jack, "Da" for dog, "hi", "please" (sounds like "peace" or "peas"), "this"
  • Makes dog and cat sounds
  • Loves stuffed animals and books
  • Eats just about anything and everything
  • Gives big hugs and juicy kisses almost every time we ask for one
  • Says "muah" when giving kisses
  • Loves to be chased
  • Loves to run and dive into Mom or Dad's arms
  • Likes to play tug of war with Jack and toss his ball
  • Likes to cuddle, hug and kiss both Jack and Tigger
She is so grown up, I just can't believe it!

We celebrated Makaila's first birthday in Park City with Dad Doxey, Scott, and Tobi Sanders.  We had a great time with the same people who were with us when Bean was born (except for Mom Doxey).  We met at the hotel on Saturday and spent the afternoon and evening at Swiss Days, a giant flee market that is Switzerland themed.  It was my first time going and it was pretty awesome!  Trip came away with a fun new game called "Swash Buckled".  I highly recommend it :)

We spent the rest of our time eating good food, swimming at the hotel pool, and of course, playing games.  On Monday (Kaila's actual birthday) we celebrated with an ice cream cake, which was Kaila Bean's first time eating both ice cream and cake!  It was delicious (sometimes I still think of that cake and wish I had more!)

In the car on our way to Swiss Days.  So happy and sweet!

Being cute in our hotel room



Singing "Happy Birthday"



The following weekend was her big party where we invited family and friends.  That was also a success.  We went to a park where we had a splash pool filled with water as well as water balloons.  Makaila loved it all!  I will go ahead and post the rest of the pictures from her party since that is what everyone really wants to see ;)

Chasing her shadow

The food

The presents and cakes

Makaila and Aria, walking and eating



Checking out the playground





The cake.  I was kind of proud of it 

I have some sweet video's from both parties too, but they are taking forever to upload so I will post them separately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment