Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quick Update

Jack and Tigger officially arrived at our apartment yesterday afternoon.  It was quite the experience just trying to get them here and we couldn't have done it without help from family...that was crucial!  So, thank you to all those who made it possible for our little family to be reunited.

Both Jack and Tigger survived the long airplane ride pretty well, and they were so excited and happy to see us waiting for them in the airport.  It was hard to have to leave them again when they were taken into quarantine.  Luckily, we were able to visit them everyday while they were there, which made it easier for them and for us.  The first day of quarantine I think they were convinced they were getting abandoned there because they were so desperate for us to stay.  But by the last day, they knew that we were coming back and while they weren't thrilled about being left there, they were no longer desperate.

I went to pick them up yesterday morning since Trip had classes and my boss had given me the 'okay' to miss some work.  (I would have missed it anyway, just figured I would let them know.)  When I finished going through the paperwork I was informed that the cost was about twice as much as I had anticipated and therefore I did not have enough cash on hand...gasp!  I was so frustrated, and of course they don't take credit cards, so I had to drive another 30 mins back to the school to get money from Trip to go back to the airport to free our pets...I love cash based societies...

Anyway, both Trip and I are so happy to have them here and they seem to have transitioned pretty well.  Tennyson (the boy who will be coming over to let Jack out and play with him while we are at work during the week) came over today to meet the Captain and Tigs, and of course was won over immediately.  We have such great pets!

Well, that is the most exciting thing that has happened this week.  We will post more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment