Monday, July 12, 2010

Good Morning Monday

Today I decided to turn over a new leaf.  For the first time this month I got up on time, which means I was able to shower, get ready and even eat breakfast without having to rush to get to work on time.  I was proud of myself because I woke up feeling congested and really wanted to keep sleeping.  We left with plenty of time to spare, climbed into the car and tried starting it.  

Nothing.  

Not even a click to indicate that the car was trying to turn over.  

No worries, we thought, we will just walk to the neighboring hotel and get a cab.  After telling the driver our destination we are on our way and I am thinking how nice it is to not be running late and that I should do this more often.  

About 5 minutes from the campus, the cab driver ignores our instructions and goes the wrong way.  After doing this 3 more times and running up the meter to almost double what it should have cost, he finally pulls up to the school.  

I am now a half hour late to work.  
 ---
Forget the new leaf...next time I am just sleeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment