Monday, July 12, 2010

Thailand - Take 5 (Orchid Farm and Cooking Class)


After the tigers, monkeys, and snakes, the last stop on our day of tourist sites was an orchid farm.  It was a really relaxing way to finish the day, especially after so much excitement!  Even though lilies are my favorite flower, I thought the orchids were beautiful and they just might be my second favorite flower  :)




This humming bird flew into view right when Trip was taking the picture.  It was so perfect!


 On our last day in Chiang Mai we decided to take a cooking class.  We started with going shopping for ingredients, then we were driven to a farm where the rest of the ingredients grow and we were instructed in making real Thai food.  We had a great group and really enjoyed ourselves.  Plus, we have the added benefit of knowing how to cook some yummy stuff!

 The market where we went for ingredients

 Rice, anyone?

 Getting instructions


 On the farm, I love this picture.

 Making curry paste




 Making Spring Rolls, my favorite part!

 Mmm...Pad Thai

We had a great time and came away with a few new skills.

1 comment:

  1. That mango photo is amazing! Oh my gosh... fresh Pad Thai? I am so hungry just looking at your work.

    ReplyDelete