Friday, November 5, 2010

"Going Private"

There are several things that I don't like about private blogs.  One is when you find a friend's blog that is private, you have to request permission to view it.  This doesn't seem like it should be a big deal, but sometimes it is.  Sometimes your friend does not give you permission to view their blog when you request it, and then it sends you into a downward spiral of self-doubt and questions.  "What is that supposed to mean?"  "How should I take that?"  "Should I be offended?"  "Should I be worried?!"

And then there are the friends whose blogs were originally public.  You read them, you liked them, you followed them. They decide to go private, ask for your email so they can share it with you, and then never give you permission to view it.  How is one supposed to feel about that?

I have come up with a few explanations for why these things might occur and why you shouldn't let this get to you.
  • Perhaps it was an oversight
  • Maybe all the email and/or Facebook messages you sent to remind them to share their blog with you scared them off (you could have come across as the stalker type)
  • Perhaps they can't remember how to share their blog with others
  • Perhaps they turned their blog private and then got in a terrible accident and are in a full body cast so they can't use their arms or hands to type 
  • Maybe you smell bad and they can sense it through the computer  
  • Maybe a redheaded ninja got to them 
  • Chuck Norris told them that if they shared their blog with you, the terrorists win
I am 99.9% sure that one of these explanations is true.  I'm just saying.

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree. Its happened to me before but among your list, I think the latter one is 99.9% true. Oh and is the redhead ninja Trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sending a message to someone? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I've thought of going private too but then didn't because I'd be too upset at the thought that no one would want an invite..so...I'm not going private for self-esteem reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to love to follow many of my children's friends' blogs but when they went private I didn't have enough guts to ask to keep viewing. I have missed following them. If you go private, please give me permission to keep on viewing.

    Love Tobi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! Love your comments! No, Tobi, we are not going to go private, but if we ever do I will be sure to invite you :)

    No, I am not sending anyone a message, just commenting on something I have been noticing lately. Thanks for sharing, ladies!

    ReplyDelete