Saturday, November 13, 2010

Guess Who Came to Our Campus??

Yep...this guy!

I never thought that I would ever see a former President of the United States in person.  I like to stay informed in politics, I definitely have an opinion, but I have never gone out of my way to be involved outside of voting.  However, when you are asked to be part of the planning committee to prepare for Laureate's Honorary Chancellor's visit, and that person also happens to be a former US President, you can't help but get excited.

President Bill Clinton came to INTI yesterday, and spent a couple of hours speaking to a select group of students, guests, and staff.  We have spent the last month preparing for his visit and the last two weeks have been a nightmare at work.  I must admit that I am glad it is over.  I was not a huge fan of Clinton in the past, but I did find his speech rather interesting.  The things he had to say were good, and it was kind of nice knowing that he wasn't speaking to win your vote.  I was kind of distracted since I was part of the ushering team and things were happening during his speech, but what I heard was good.  Trip had a great seat...he managed to sit in the second row!  I, on the other hand, ended up in the very back.  Dad got to sit right next to him and of course got his picture taken with Pres Clinton.  We weren't allowed to take any pictures, so I don't have any of my own...oh well.  There are plenty on the internet  :)




Overall, it was a great event, and I am glad it is now over and I can catch up on housework, sleep and other obligations that have been neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment