Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Crazies

Today was like any other day.  I woke up, ate my apple (for whatever reason this settles my stomach), got out of bed, put Tigger's food in her food dish and Jack's food in his food dish and got myself some cereal.  I stood there for a minute wondering why Jack was so uncharacteristically eager to eat this morning when it hit me...I had given Jack the cat food and Tigger the dog food!  Luckily, I realized this in time to switch the bowls back (much to Jack's disappointment).  

This got me noticing other little changes that I am experiencing.  I don't normally forget things, but every now and then my mind will go blank and I have no idea what I was going to do or say.  This happened mid-sentence the other night when I was telling Trip something...I completely forgot what I was talking about!  I also have had a hard time falling asleep.  Even when I am exhausted, it takes me at least 45 minutes to lose consciousness.  Most nights I lay awake for over an hour before sleep finds me.  I sleep well until I wake up to go to the bathroom and then I have to go through the whole exercise again.

I have also been having some super vivid dreams.  They are often random, disjointed, and make absolutely no sense, but they are so vivid I can remember more detail than I used to.  I also seem to dream about food.  Totally random foods too, like Cinnamon Toast Crunch (haven't eaten it in years), McDonald's hashbrowns, and bacon.  Ok, maybe bacon isn't so random because bacon is awesome!

The craziest that I have gotten is at night.  Trip and I will usually be ready for bed, and while I am laying there I will just start crying.  Trip will ask what's wrong and then I have to confess my silly reasons for the tears.  Last night he was rubbing my shoulders and I started crying because I felt like I wasn't interesting to talk to anymore.  He actually laughed at me! (which was good because it got me laughing too)  Luckily, I don't experience this particular brand of crazy very often and when I do, my hubby is always there to snap me out of it and talk some sense into me.


Pregnancy has definitely been a wild ride so far!

4 comments:

  1. Glad Trip's there to snap you out of your craziness! I can't imagine you not being fun and interesting to be around! To say this pregnancy has been a wild ride, seems like an understatement! Wow! You are amazing to still have such a great attitude, and to still have your sense of humor with everything you are having to deal with! I think that having a hard time getting to sleep is one of the most frustrating things, especially when you are so tired and all you want to do and need to do is to sleep, but can't! Oh, I feel a slight bit of your pain (just not to the extent that you feel it!) At least you aren't to the point some of us are to... (you know the saying...Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!) hee hee. :) Hang in there. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnamon Toast Crunch goes on the shopping list :)

    I am glad you are feeling better than before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me laugh! You poor thing- I can only imagine how you are feeling. No matter what, though, when that little baby is here, you will look back at this time and laugh too. It will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh you are so cute! If it's any consolation I LOVE talking to you! But yeah pregnancy hormones are horrible. Just keep in mind Trip's philosophy...the hotter they are, the crazier they are. So you aren't getting crazier, you are only looking more fabulous! ;)

    ReplyDelete