Friday, August 19, 2011

Memories

Trip and I were talking the other day, and I pulled another classic "pregnant brain" move; I had the most random thought and decided to share it mid-conversation.  This thought was funny enough that he suggested I blog about it and I figured that was a good idea because who knows when I will remember it again :)


If you have been reading this blog much, then you are probably aware that I did not have the greatest first tri-mester.  Thankfully, the worst did not begin until after the 30 hour flight from the United States to Malaysia (seriously sooo grateful for that!).  Well, sweet Jack and Tigger were unaware of these changes that I was experiencing, so they didn't really understand why I was suddenly spending so much time at home and so much time cuddling with them in bed.  They certainly weren't complaining, but they just couldn't understand why I would freak out if they tried laying on or walking on my stomach.


It wasn't long after we got back to Malaysia before I got sick with them in the room.  Apparently, before pregnancy, Trip and I never got sick around them because their reactions were priceless.  I was running to the bathroom and didn't quite make it (poor Trip had to clean up my mess...I am so lucky he loves me!).  I threw up on the floor at the foot of the bed and Jack immediately put his tail between his legs and started getting real low to the ground like he was going to get punished for my mess, or like I was angry at him or something.  Tigger walked to the foot of the bed and just started crying.  Anyone who has heard her bellow before knows that we own the loudest cat in the world.  She just started freaking out and meowing as if to say "what's going on?!".  Somehow, I ended up comforting both of them even though I was the one feeling lousy.


Of course, less than a week later, my getting sick was old news to them.  Whenever I would throw up, Jack would come over to check out what I had eaten and Tigger would try to stick her face next to mine so she could watch.  What weirdos!





No comments:

Post a Comment