Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pregnancy Brain

Every now and then I am afflicted with something that I like to call "pregnancy brain".  This term is usually used when my mind goes blank or I forget something that I normally wouldn't.  Recently, Trip has also been exhibiting symptoms of pregnancy brain.  Between the two of us, we are starting to compile quite a list of funny moments.


Moment 1:  After one of our babymoons, I had gone to pick Jack up from the neighbors house.  When I got home, I put his food away, took care of his things and moved on to unpack our bags.  Later that day, I opened up the fridge to get started on dinner and saw this...


One of these things is not like the other...
Not sure how that got there because I don't remember putting it in the fridge at all!


Moment 2:  Trip made stir fry for dinner the other day.  Those who have eaten with us before know that we are huge fans of freezing rice for quick consumption later.  This time, we were low on frozen rice so we made a fresh batch.  It wasn't until a couple of hours later when I went to heat some food up in the microwave that I discovered the last of our frozen rice sitting there waiting to be warmed up.  I asked Trip if he had put rice in the microwave and he assured me that he hadn't...until he saw the rice sitting there.  That's when he realized that he too was experiencing pregnancy brain.


Moment 3:  It was my turn to teach the Young Women a few Sundays ago, and I had been reminded several days before. It wasn't until literally 1 hour before class that I remembered to look at the topic!  Needless to say, it was an interesting lesson and I had to confess to the girls that I have become rather forgetful.  Lucky for me, they are a forgiving group :)


Moment 4:  Trip was getting ready to take Jack out this morning as usual.  He put his collar on, put him in his crate, and took him out to the elevators, as usual.  When he came in to grab a key, he sat down at his computer and promptly forgot all about Jack for the next hour...it wasn't until we both heard Jack's collar jingle that he jumped up and said "oh crap, I forgot about Jack!"  Pregnancy brain struck again.


I know there are other classic moments, like when I forget what I am saying mid-sentence, but true to form, neither one of us can remember any at the moment!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, you make me laugh! I love you closing sentence. Classic! I guess this experience is in preparation for 30 + years down the road. Now you can relate to those of us who don't have the excuse of...now what was that called again? ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rofl...these are fun moments and I hope you can now better understand my "flashes" of what might appear to be like pregnancy brain but is probably more closely related to just aging. I love the Jack at the elevators one best, but the picture of his stuff in the fridge is also very funny, indisputable evidence :D

    ReplyDelete