Thursday, July 14, 2011

Strawberry Banana Cupcakes



I came across this recipe a long time ago and then forgot all about it.  Recently, I rediscovered it when I was looking for something new to bring to a party.  I thought they turned out pretty well and they aren't bad as cupcakes, but I think next time I will not frost them and just have them as breakfast muffins.  They stand alone really well, and were more dense like muffins than cupcakes anyway :)

Banana Strawberry Cupcakes
Makes 20 Cupcakes 
Ingredients
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 cup vanilla sugar (or substitute regular sugar, which I did)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • grated zest of one lemon
  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 1 cup of chopped strawberries

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
  3. In a separate bowl, stir the eggs and the oil. Add the bananas, strawberries and lemon zest.
  4. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Spoon into cupcake papers, about 3/4 full
  5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. 
  6. Cool on a wire rack and frost.
Cream Cheese Frosting
(This is my standard recipe)
Ingredients
  • 4oz Cream Cheese
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 cups Powdered Sugar
  • 1/2 stick butter
  1. Mix together.  Can add more vanilla or sugar to taste.

--
If you try these out, let me know what you think!

1 comment: