Sunday, July 10, 2011

Presents

I am such a lucky pet mom.  I have a cat who insists sleeping on me no matter how hot or cold it may be because she loves me.  And I have a dog who loves me so much that he even thought to get me a present for my birthday and our "eternal" anniversary.


For my birthday, Jack got up on the bed to cuddle when Trip and I woke.  He fell asleep and, like a toddler, proceeded to wet the bed.  How did he know that all I wanted for my birthday was to wash the sheets?!  What a sweetheart.


For our sealing anniversary, Jack waited until the end of the day to surprise us with his present.  Trip went downstairs to meet a friend who was spending the night with us and I took the trash out.  We were absent for literally less than 2 minutes, but that's all he needed to prepare his surprise.  It took me a little while, but eventually I went into our room to grab my water bottle and noticed that it smelled funny.  I started checking the floor and didn't see anything, then turned and saw it...Jack had pooped and peed right in the middle of our bed!  I should mention that we had taken him out no more than 15 minutes before he left this little "present" and he, in his generous and loving nature, had decided to wait and surprise us instead.  It went all the way through to the mattress, and yes, it was 10pm and too late to wash everything and be able to sleep in our own bed that night.  I was so happy about this that I didn't even think to take a picture until too late.  Oh well, that's what memories are for.


Happy birthday mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment